Remember how when a new child is born in your family and you want to carry him/her, your parents would guide you to be careful of the neck and to hold it with care as it is very sensitive and in the developing stage? Well, apparently, even after growing up and after fully developing this part of your body, it still is and will remain a sensitive part which needs to be handled with care.
This can be regarded as one of the reasons why neck pain Oak Park is becoming a major problem these days. Don’t worry; we won’t just scare you about it. While we will be discussing what neck pain is and some of the causes, we will also take a look on how to avoid it or in severe cases, how to treat it.
Neck pain occurs in different degrees and can be caused due to a number of factors which may involve:
- Bad/Poor Posture: In this modern era, from a kid to an adult, nearly everyone is required to invest their time on the computer/laptop screens or if not that, one cannot deny the addiction of smart phones for this generation. While having such access to technology results in various amounts of pros, there definitely are some cons as well. Neck pain is one of the most common problems caused by the poor posture that these screens make you sit in.
- Stillness: Sitting in the same position or looking at something for a long time without moving your neck also affects this body part severely. This can result from long hours of driving or trying to focus in a lecture for a significant amount of time. There is nothing wrong with these things but you do need to remember how vulnerable your neck is and so every now and then, should move it a bit to avoid causing strain.
- Sleeping in Bad position: When we are tired, we end up sleeping in postures which can be dangerous for our neck and can cause intense pain. Make sure that you sleep in a way that support your neck and do not end up putting a lot of burden on it.
- Accident: Serious injuries can be caused to this part of your body while experiencing an injury caused by an accident.
- Exercise: We all agree that fitness is important but you need to be careful. Do not get too excited as you might end up hurting yourself or causing neck pain.
The above mentioned causes and their prevention may not seem to be the actual treatment but that is the thing which is unique about neck pain. Prevention techniques are more or less used to treat lower degree neck pain as well, such as some stretching techniques and maintaining a good posture. Apart from that, if neck pain is caused as a result of an injury or is happening for more than a week, you should definitely consult your doctor or more specifically, your chiropractor Oak Park in order to get tested and treated in a way which suits your body condition and level of pain.